We have recently partnered with AquaQuest to supply our shop with tarps as they are in my experience one of the best product currently available on the market. Most importantly the are 100% WATERPROOF. The Aqua Quest guide tarps will keep you completely dry, even in extreme weather. With a hydrostatic resistance of 20,000 mm, you can be absolutely certain that not a single drop of water will get through your tarp. Despite being so lightweight and compact, this tarp is incredibly durable and resilient to the forces of nature. 40D RipStop fabric + Non-toxic dual Silicone & PU coating + Reinforced stitching + Heat taped seams = The best ultralight tarp on the market.
After trying most other brands available the main advantages over the competition are:
- Ripstop fabric. Stronger and tear resistant.
- Silicone impregnated with PU coating, which is embedded in the fibres and will not peel off with age.
- Properly engineered tie outs, which transfer force on to edges. Especially corner ones.
- Reinforced stitches with webbing so it can be tensioned properly.
- DWR finish preventing wetting out so you don't end up packing a soaking wet rug.